At a glance
- Travellers of all nationalities can currently enter Tanzania, Zanzibar, South Africa, Kenya, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Ireland, Malta, Germany, Morocco and Ecuador!
- It is possible to enter China on certain visa categories for which certain criteria must be met.
- Many nationalities can currently start our Working Holiday and farmwork programs in Germany!
- You can book all other program for later arrivals totally risk-free and you get bonus benefits!
- And we also have virtual internships and online courses that don't require any travel.
Our Corona Flexibility - absolutely risk-free bookings and bonuses for you!
- POSTPONE + BONUS: You can postpone your trip indefinitely. If you choose this option, we will give you a 10% bonus voucher for the value of your booked program (so you pay 100% and get 110%), which you can redeem for instance for accommodation costs at our accommodation abroad, for our language classes, excursions on site (where available) or any other programs you might book with us (cash payout not possible)
- CHANGE + BONUS: You can change your booking and join another program at another destination where travel is possible at no additional cost. In this case, too, we will give you a 10% bonus voucher for the value of your booked program.
- CANCEL*: You can cancel the trip up to 14 days prior to your planned arrival date and we will refund all paid fees (minus any bank / credit card costs that may have been incurred).
What other options are there?
What is the situation like in the various host countries?
Case numbers are low now in South Africa and the program participation is possible.
Without any travelling, you can also join virtual/remote internships out of South Africa.
It is possible to enter Bolivia by air and through land borders. In case of air travel, it is necessary to bring a negative PCR test that is not older than 7 days before departure. In case of entering Bolivia through a land border, the PCR test must not be older than 72 hours.
There are flights to Ecuador. A negative PCR test result that is no older than 10 days before arrival to Ecuador must be presented upon entry. There is no more need for self-isolation on arrival.
Without any travelling, the wildlife rehabilitation project in the Amazon rainforest also offers a remote internship and an online course with 10 modules.
Entering the country and joining our programs is possible.
Germany - updated 11-03-2021
Since September 6, entering Morocco is possible if you bring a reservation of a hotel in Morocco or an invitation letter from a Moroccan organization. We can issue such letter for participation in our volunteering and internship programs in Morocco. Those only booking language lessons must stay in a hotel and show a hotel reservation when entering Morocco.
It is possible for all nationalities to enter China on a Work visa. To get a Work Visa certain requirements must be met by applicants and the activities in China. Please contact us for details about the currently possible options.
India - updated 26-02-2021
India is preparing to offer tourist entry e-visas again shortly. We have registered the accommodation we use with India's SAATHI app system for hospitality providers and will meet the hygiene requirements. We will also provide to our participants the invitation letters which are needed to apply for the visa as soon as the visa application is possible again.
During the almost one year of border closure, we had a small number of participants who had decided to continue their stay in India. You can read the report of our participant Carin, who was in India during Covid times.
Without any travelling, you can also join online/remote internships and Hindi language classes out of India.
At first it was said that this measure would apply as long as the State of Emergency has been declared in some prefectures. On February 26 however it was published that the suspension of visa issuance and the border closure will continue even after there is no longer a State of Emergency. The State of Emergency has now ended in all of Japan.
Visas that were issued between October and December 2020 are still valid according to the current state of knowledge, but entry into Japan on these visas is currently suspended. Visas issued until March 2020 are no longer valid and must be applied for again.
Myanmar - updated 28-12-2020
International flights to Myanmar are suspended until December 31, 2020.
We have a small number of participants who have stayed in Myanmar. You can read the report of our participant Carina here.
Ghana - updated 27-06-2020
International air traffic to Ghana is suspended until further notice. Travel within the country is not restricted, but there are restrictions on public gatherings, events, bars, etc. All schools are closed.