At a glance
- Travellers of all nationalities can currently enter Tanzania, Zanzibar and Ecuador!
- Travellers from a variety of nationalities (see details below) can enter Kenya
- Travellers from most European countries can enter China (see details below)
- Anyone from the EU or who can enter the EU (see details below) can currently start our programs in Ireland.
- EU citizens, Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders can currently start our Working Holiday Program in Berlin!
- You can book all other program for later arrivals totally risk-free and you get bonus benefits!
- And we also have virtual internships and online courses that don't require any travel.
Our Corona Flexibility - absolutely risk-free bookings and bonuses for you!
- POSTPONE + BONUS: You can postpone your trip indefinitely. If you choose this option, we will give you a 10% bonus voucher for the value of your booked program (so you pay 100% and get 110%), which you can redeem for instance for accommodation costs at our accommodation abroad, for our language classes, excursions on site (where available) or any other programs you might book with us (cash payout not possible)
- CHANGE + BONUS: You can change your booking and join another program at another destination where travel is possible at no additional cost. In this case, too, we will give you a 10% bonus voucher for the value of your booked program.
- CANCEL: You can cancel the trip up to 14 days prior to your planned arrival date and we will refund all paid fees (minus any bank / credit card costs that may have been incurred).
What other options are there?
What is the situation like in the various host countries?
There are flights to Ecuador. A negative PCR test result that is no older than 7 days before departure must be presented upon entry. You have to spend the first 14 days in self-isolation. You can spend these in our wildlife rehabilitation program in the Amazon rainforest where you can join the project activities as normal.
Without any travelling, the wildlife rehabilitation project in the Amazon rainforest also offers a remote internship and an online course with 10 modules.
EU citizens and anyone from a country that is classified as safe by the EU (currently Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay) can enter Ireland. A 14-day non-legally binding home quarantine applies on arrival. When you join our programs on farms and horse ranches, you can participate without any restrictions in the normal work on the farm and ranch, but you should avoid leaving the farm/ranch during the initial 14 days of your stay.
Germany - updated 14-07-2020
Without any quarantine, EU citizens and travelers from countries that are classified as safe and for which there is a Working Holiday Visa or Youth Mobility Visa for Germany can participate in our Working Holiday program in Berlin. This includes citizens from Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
Since 10th of August, 2020, citizens and residents of the following European countries can apply for visas at the Chinese embassies abroad. This means program participation is again possible: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, North Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Greece, and the United Kingdom.
India - updated 08-06-2020
International Flights to India have been suspended until 30th of June. The Minister of Civil Aviation, Hardeep Singh Puri, announced on May 22 that international flights to India might be possible again afterwards. Indian airports, airlines and tourism operators are currently preparing for corona-safe travel (social distancing, reducing passenger numbers, etc.).
The curfew within the country that has been in effect since March 24 is currently being phased out. Domestic flights have resumed services on 25th of May.
We have a small number of participants who have decided to continue their stay in India. Our teams are still available and the placement organisations are actively continuing their work. You can read the report of our participant Carin, who is currently in India.
Without any travelling, you can also join online/remote internships and Hindi language classes out of India.
South Africa - updated 27-06-2020
Since June 19th, South Africa has reduced the lockdown level to level 2 (on a scale from 1 with least restrictions to 5 with most restrictions). All national borders remain closed and international air traffic is suspended.
Without any travelling, you can also join virtual/remote internships out of South Africa.
Bolivia - updated 27-06-2020
Flights to Bolivia are currently suspended until June 30, 2020. Certain curfew restrictions are in place.
Without any travelling, you can also join online/remote internships and online Spanish classes.
Morocco - updated 08-06-2020
The curfew was lifted end of May 2020. It is now compulsory to wear a mask in public. Restaurants are open only for take-away and delivery. International flights are available from 15th of July.
Myanmar - updated 27-06-2020
International flights to Myanmar are currently stopped until June 30th.
We have a small number of participants who have stayed in Myanmar. You can read the report of our participant Carina here.
Ghana - updated 27-06-2020
International air traffic to Ghana is suspended until further notice. Travel within the country is not restricted, but there are restrictions on public gatherings, events, bars, etc. All schools are closed.