At a glance
- Travellers of all nationalities can currently enter Tanzania, Zanzibar, Kenya, Bolivia, Japan, Morocco and Ecuador!
- It is possible to enter China on certain visa categories for which certain criteria must be met.
- Many nationalities can enter South Africa
- Anyone from the EU or who can enter the EU (see details below) can currently start our programs in Ireland.
- EU citizens, Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders can currently start our Working Holiday Program in Berlin!
- A variety of nationalities can join our Farmwork in Germany program (see details below)
- You can book all other program for later arrivals totally risk-free and you get bonus benefits!
- And we also have virtual internships and online courses that don't require any travel.
Our Corona Flexibility - absolutely risk-free bookings and bonuses for you!
- POSTPONE + BONUS: You can postpone your trip indefinitely. If you choose this option, we will give you a 10% bonus voucher for the value of your booked program (so you pay 100% and get 110%), which you can redeem for instance for accommodation costs at our accommodation abroad, for our language classes, excursions on site (where available) or any other programs you might book with us (cash payout not possible)
- CHANGE + BONUS: You can change your booking and join another program at another destination where travel is possible at no additional cost. In this case, too, we will give you a 10% bonus voucher for the value of your booked program.
- CANCEL: You can cancel the trip up to 14 days prior to your planned arrival date and we will refund all paid fees (minus any bank / credit card costs that may have been incurred).
What other options are there?
What is the situation like in the various host countries?
We can sign this pledge. It however absolutely mandatory that you strictly follow the mandatory Corona safety measures. For the quarantine upon arrival in Tokyo, we cooperate with a hotel in which you have to stay in a single room with en-suite bathroom for 14 days. This can be offered at the special rate of 3900 JPY/night. You are not allowed to leave the room for the entire duration of the quarantine. We can arrange catering for our participants staying in the hotel for the duration of the quarantine (at extra costs, but cheaper than Uber Eats). Also you must be picked up from the airport by private vehicle, which we can arrange for you (5000 JPY from Haneda; 12,000 JPY from Narita).
Working Holiday Visas that were issued before the corona-related border closure are no longer valid and must be applied for again.
Further visas that are currently issues that allow participation in some of our programs:
- Student Visa: For Japanese language classes (6 months to 2 years). With the student visa it is also possible to get a work permit that allows you to legally work for a maximum of 28 hours/week.
- Business Visa (max. 90 days) for unpaid and remunerated internships
- Cultural Activities Visa or Designated Activities Visa for unpaid and remunerated internships lasting from 3 months to 3 years
All visas currently issued are single entry visas (exit and re-entry with the same visa are not possible). You have to show a negative COVID-19 (PCR) test result on arrival, which is not older than 72 hours before departure. You will then again be tested on arrival at the airport (at no additional cost). Despite two negative tests, travelers have to stay in quarantine for 14 days after their arrival.
Without any travelling, you can also join virtual/remote internships out of South Africa.
Since September 1st it is possible to enter Bolivia by air and flights are available. It is necessary to bring a negative PCR test that is not older than 7 days before departure. No quarantine is needed in this case. Anyone however arriving without a negative PCR test must be quarantined for 14 days. The land routes to Bolivia remain closed.
In Bolivia there is still a curfew between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday to Friday and 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the weekend. It is compulsory to wear a mouth and nose covering in public at all times.
Without any travelling, you can also join online/remote internships and online Spanish classes.
There are flights to Ecuador. A negative PCR test result that is no older than 10 days before arrival to Ecuador must be presented upon entry. There is no more need for self-isolation on arrival.
Without any travelling, the wildlife rehabilitation project in the Amazon rainforest also offers a remote internship and an online course with 10 modules.
EU citizens and anyone from a country that is classified as safe by the EU (currently Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay) can enter Ireland. A 14-day non-legally binding home quarantine applies on arrival. When you join our programs on farms and horse ranches, you can participate without any restrictions in the normal work on the farm and ranch, but you should avoid leaving the farm/ranch during the initial 14 days of your stay.
Germany - updated 20-08-2020
Without any quarantine, EU citizens and travelers from countries that are classified as safe and for which there is a Working Holiday Visa or Youth Mobility Visa for Germany can participate in our Working Holiday program in Berlin. This includes citizens from Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
Since September 6, entering Morocco is possible if you bring a reservation of a hotel in Morocco or an invitation letter from a Moroccan organization. We are currently evaluating how these two options work in practice.
It is possible for all nationalities to enter China on a Work visa. To get a Work Visa certain requirements must be met by applicants and the activities in China. Please contact us for details about the currently possible options.
India - updated 30-07-2020
International Flights to India have been suspended until 31st of August. The Minister of Civil Aviation, Hardeep Singh Puri, announced on May 22 that international flights to India might be possible again afterwards. Indian airports, airlines and tourism operators are currently preparing for corona-safe travel (social distancing, reducing passenger numbers, etc.).
The curfew within the country that has been in effect since March 24 is currently being phased out. Domestic flights have resumed services on 25th of May.
We have a small number of participants who have decided to continue their stay in India. Our teams are still available and the placement organisations are actively continuing their work. You can read the report of our participant Carin, who is currently in India.
Without any travelling, you can also join online/remote internships and Hindi language classes out of India.
Myanmar - updated 31-08-2020
International flights to Myanmar are currently stopped until September 30th.
We have a small number of participants who have stayed in Myanmar. You can read the report of our participant Carina here.
Ghana - updated 27-06-2020
International air traffic to Ghana is suspended until further notice. Travel within the country is not restricted, but there are restrictions on public gatherings, events, bars, etc. All schools are closed.