At a glance
- Travellers of all nationalities can currently enter Tanzania, Zanzibar, South Africa, Kenya, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Ireland, Malta, Morocco and Ecuador!
- It is possible to enter China on certain visa categories for which certain criteria must be met.
- Many nationalities can currently start our Working Holiday and farmwork programs in Germany!
- You can book all other program for later arrivals totally risk-free and you get bonus benefits!
- And we also have virtual internships and online courses that don't require any travel.
Our Corona Flexibility - absolutely risk-free bookings and bonuses for you!
- POSTPONE + BONUS: You can postpone your trip indefinitely. If you choose this option, we will give you a 10% bonus voucher for the value of your booked program (so you pay 100% and get 110%), which you can redeem for instance for accommodation costs at our accommodation abroad, for our language classes, excursions on site (where available) or any other programs you might book with us (cash payout not possible)
- CHANGE + BONUS: You can change your booking and join another program at another destination where travel is possible at no additional cost. In this case, too, we will give you a 10% bonus voucher for the value of your booked program.
- CANCEL*: You can cancel the trip up to 14 days prior to your planned arrival date and we will refund all paid fees (minus any bank / credit card costs that may have been incurred).
What other options are there?
What is the situation like in the various host countries?
Travellers need to bring a negative PCR test result, no older than 72 hours before the departure from their home country. If they cannot provide it or show any covid symptoms they must quarantine on their own cost.
Without any travelling, you can also join virtual/remote internships out of South Africa.
Since September 1st it is possible to enter Bolivia by air and flights are available. It is necessary to bring a negative PCR test that is not older than 7 days before departure. No quarantine is needed in this case. Anyone however arriving without a negative PCR test must be quarantined for 14 days. The land routes to Bolivia remain closed.
In Bolivia there is still a curfew between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday to Friday and 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the weekend. It is compulsory to wear a mouth and nose covering in public at all times.
Without any travelling, you can also join online/remote internships and online Spanish classes.
There are flights to Ecuador. A negative PCR test result that is no older than 10 days before arrival to Ecuador must be presented upon entry. There is no more need for self-isolation on arrival.
Without any travelling, the wildlife rehabilitation project in the Amazon rainforest also offers a remote internship and an online course with 10 modules.
Entering the country and joining our programs is possible.
Germany - updated 11-11-2020
Since September 6, entering Morocco is possible if you bring a reservation of a hotel in Morocco or an invitation letter from a Moroccan organization. We can issue such letter for participation in our volunteering and internship programs in Morocco. Those only booking language lessons must stay in a hotel and show a hotel reservation when entering Morocco.
Working Holiday Visas that were issued between October and December 2020 are still valid. Visas issued until March 2020 are however no longer valid and must be applied for again.
Further visas that were issued between October and December 2020 that allow participation in some of our programs include (and are likely to be back from February 2021):
- Student Visa: For Japanese language classes (6 months to 2 years). With the student visa it is also possible to get a work permit that allows you to legally work for a maximum of 28 hours/week.
- Business Visa (max. 90 days) for unpaid and remunerated internships
- Cultural Activities Visa or Designated Activities Visa for unpaid and remunerated internships lasting from 3 months to 3 years
It is possible for all nationalities to enter China on a Work visa. To get a Work Visa certain requirements must be met by applicants and the activities in China. Please contact us for details about the currently possible options.
India - updated 25-11-2020
International Flights to India are still suspended.
The curfew within the country that has been in effect since March 24 is currently being phased out. Domestic flights have resumed services on 25th of May.
We have a small number of participants who have decided to continue their stay in India. Our teams are still available and the placement organisations are actively continuing their work. You can read the report of our participant Carin, who is currently in India.
Without any travelling, you can also join online/remote internships and Hindi language classes out of India.
Myanmar - updated 28-12-2020
International flights to Myanmar are suspended until December 31, 2020.
We have a small number of participants who have stayed in Myanmar. You can read the report of our participant Carina here.
Ghana - updated 27-06-2020
International air traffic to Ghana is suspended until further notice. Travel within the country is not restricted, but there are restrictions on public gatherings, events, bars, etc. All schools are closed.