Working with World Unite!
>> Job vacancies:
We are employing a bilingual (Japanese/English), motivated, energetic and proactive individual as a coordinator for our Environmental Voluntourism program on Sado Island.
In a remote location on the land of a rural farmer community, from May 2020 we will have volunteer program running, where mostly young foreign and Japanese volunteers and ecotourists will join a range of activties related to environmental conservation, farming and cultural immersion.
Your tasks include:
* to make weekly plans of activities for international and Japanese volunteers together with members of the local community and other partners from Sado Island
* to accompany and support volunteers and local partners during the program activities
* to manage the relationship with the local community and be a mediator and link between program participants and local partners
* to interprete between Japanese and English where needed
* to manage the accommodation and local logistics for program participants, including check-ins/check-outs, preparation of beds, pick-ups/drop offs from the ferry port
* simple maintenance and cleaning/washing tasks (e.g. washing bedsheets) at the camp
* making local purchases and supporting the local providers of meals
* to support our team in Tokyo with communication and administrative tasks
* to logistically support our other programs in Sado Island (Working Holiday support and language programs)
* Native level of the Japanese language
* Solid communication skills in English
* Ability to understand the needs of rural Japanese communities and to effectively communicate with them
* Ability to work independently and solutions-oriented with improvisation skills in case of new and unfamiliar situations
* Outgoing and friendly personality with a strong service and customer service mentality
* Ability to stay in a rural location. You can stay in a comfortable tent during the summer season (mid April to end of October) that we would provide at no extra cost, or alternatively, if possible, at the nearby or a neighbouring village.
* Interested in nature and the outdoors
* Car driving license
* Computer skills for communication and reporting (email, google business apps, line, whatsapp)
The job in Sado Island is seasonal. You would be in Sado every year from around mid April to end October/Beginning November. At the camp, you would work with only one more team member who is from the local community.
During the remaining months you would support our team in Tokyo with the provision of similar support service to foreign travellers (Working Holiday support, internship support, volunteering support) and the development of new programs in Japan (possibly at other locations in Japan).
* An interesting job for everyone who loves nature and spending time with young international travellers
* Being part of a young international team with flat hierarchy levels
* Possibility to bring in and develop your ideas related to international youth travel
* Free tented accommodation on full board during the season in Sado Island
* A fair salary