What is your placement organisation doing?
How can you get involved?
- Football (Soccer) coach - endurance and technique, as well as teaching values such as responsibility, tolerance, team spirit and discipline.
- Female soccer trainers are particularly required, as many parents let their girls play only when thee are female volunteers on site.
- English lessons for children and adolescents of the football club.
- Tuition for the members of the association in subjects that are challenging for them.
- Support the organization with administrative tasks.
- Volunteers independently prepare their own workshops on relevant issues for children and adolescents and implement or thematically address similar topics in English class; e.g. healthy eating, hygiene, HIV prevention, teenage pregnancy, gender equality, prevention of alcohol and drug use.
- Volunteers with professional qualification as a physiotherapist or chiropractor are required to treat common injuries, as well as knee and back problems.
Location: Puerto Lopez, Ecuador
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 2 Weeks
Maximum Duration: 6 Months
Language Requirements: Basic Spanish
Single or double room in bamboo hut
Supervision Possible: No
Qualification Of Supervisor: -
Minimum Qualification Of Intern: -
Further Contribution To Project: -
Volunteering Possible: Yes
Required Qualification For Volunteer: None
Further Contribution To Project: None
Expectations: Initiative, flexibility, openness, team spirit,
Do you have the "right" attitude?
Accommodation in Puerto Lopez
The Rates for Volunteering include:
- Accommodation in a shared room starting on Monday (minimum 13 nights; 7 nights per extra week)
- Meals from Monday to Saturday morning (during the rest of the weekend self-catering at the kitchen of the accommodation is possible)
- Pickup upon arrival in Quito or Guayaquil on Sunday; one night accommodation (Sunday to Monday) without board in Quito (shared room) or Guayaquil (single room with shared bathroom)
- Transfer to the bus to your volunteer project the following day in Quito or Guayaquil
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Donation to your project
- Emergency telephone contact
- Costs for 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
The Rates DON'T include:
- Travel to and from Ecuador (you book it on your own)
- Bus ticket from Quito or Guaqaquil to your project location
- Migration Card (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Arrival outside of regular office hours and public holidays + 25 USD
Overview of other costs:
- Migration Card 10 USD
- If meals are not included: around 100-200 EUR (120 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Small local expenses (Internet, Local transport): around 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Insurance 20-40 EUR(30-50 USD)/Month
How do I pay?
Other Projects That Might Interest You:
Learning Spanish in Ecuador!
Individual Lessons and Accommodation in a Student House: