Tagore Hospital in Jaipur
The hospital is a fully and modernly equipped healthcare facility including intensive care unit, neonatal intensive care unit, laboratory & diagnostics, CT, digital X-ray, 24 hours pharmacy, 24 hour emergency service, and ambulance.
There are a total of 212 doctors, nurses and paramedics at the hospital. The hospital has a capacity of 300 beds in shared rooms, double and single rooms, and suites.
Compared to other private hospitals in India, the hospital is positioned in the middle price segment. It offers good quality services, but is still affordable for middle-class Indians of average income. All doctors speak English, but not all nurses and not all patients. Nevertheless, an internship at the hospital is possible without any knowledge of Hindi.
At the hospital electives and internships are possible for students and trainees of medicine, nursing, midwifery and physiotherapy. If you intend to study one of these careers, but you have not yet enrolled into a university or college, the hospital will also allow you to do a pre-nursing, pre-medical, pre-midwifery or physiotherapy internship. You can either be at just one department that you can specify, or you can rotate through multiple departments.
A typical day at your facility:
In case of pre-medical, pre-nursing and pre-midwifery internships, you will mainly shadow and observe the work of nurses and doctors, and can of course ask many questions!
The working hours are usually from Monday to Friday from 8am to 1pm.
Which are your main tasks?
- You accompany the staff on the ward in their daily duties
- You take care of minor treatments and assistance activities under supervision
- You attend medical visits and meetings at your department
- In case of pre-medical, pre-nursing and pre-midwifery internships, you mainly observe and accompany the nurses and doctors in their activities and can ask many questions!
You should bring your own hospital clothes (white, green or blue medical coat and closed shoes of any color). It is also advisable to bring your own hand sanitizer as well as your own stethoscope. If you enter the surgery ward, please bring green or blue scrubs, surgical mask and surgical cap.
Location: Jaipur, India
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 2 weeks
Maximum Duration: 12 Months
Language Requirements: English
Shared apartment, host family
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: General Physician, Specialist, Nurse, Midwife
Minimum Qualification Of Intern:
Further Contribution To Project: Yes, Rs 5000/month (approx 72 usd)
Volunteering Possible: No
Required Qualification For Volunteer: -
Further Contribution To Project: -
Accommodation in Jaipur
Shared serviced apartment in Jaipur
Host Family in Jaipur
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 60 Days||61-365 Days|
|600 EUR||800 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|500 EUR||700 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Arrangement of your Internship
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application and assistance with local registration (if required) but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to the next international airport on arrival and departure
- Personal support staff at our international office
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day of internship
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- Local SIM Card with 600 Rs. airtime credit
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Costs for 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from India (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
Overview of other costs:
- Visa around 60-130 EUR (75-160 USD) depending on activity and duration; to apply prior to your travel
- Small local expenses (Internet, Local Transport): ca. 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month