Luxury hotels in China
The hotels are city hotels and those at tourist destinations in Beijing, Shanghai, Sanya, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Jiuzhaigou, Chongqing, Sozhou, Kunshan, Xian and Yangshuo.
Internships are possible for a month's duration; however, benefits like a stipend, accommodation and food can be claimed only for internships of at least three months.
Interns can work in multiple departments at the hotel and can specify their interests; however, foreign interns are usually put in functions that are customer facing so that they can use their communication skills.
Requirements are fluency in spoken and written English, strong customer service orientation and skills and the ability to establish direct and amicable working relationship with colleagues and managers. Additional language skills are also an advantage.
How it works:
Examples of Hotels:
A Chinese hotel chain operates eight 4-star hotels in big cities. Their hotel in Shenzhen is located near the Exhibition Center. The hotel has 209 modern rooms and suites around a 160 square meter green park in the courtyard. There are two restaurants, a gym, an outdoor pool and several conference rooms. Interns are placed in the areas of reception/front office, customer service, F & B and events.
This independent 5-star hotel in Xian offers 318 rooms and suites in North European design, a café, two Chinese restaurants, a barbecue grill restaurant, a healthy juice bar and a panoramic bar on the 30th floor.
Location: Various cities and tourist Centers in China
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 1 month; stipend only for minimum 3 months
Maximum Duration: 12 months
Language Requirements: English
Further Languages Of Advantage: Russian, Chinese, other languages
Is provided by the hotel for a minimum duration of 3 months internship
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Hotel Professionals
Minimum Qualification Of Intern:
Minimum Age of 18 years
Compensation: Yes, for internships of minimum 3 months duration 5000-6000 RMB/month (630-790 USD), accommodation and meals
Volunteering Possible: No
Required Qualification For Volunteer: -
Further Contribution To Project: -
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 180 Days||181-365 Days|
|800 EUR||900 EUR|
|750 EUR||850 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application, but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Local Police Registration (if required), assistance with the local Health Checkup (required for some long-time visa) and Opening of a Bank Account in China (required for some jobs/internships)
- Pick-up and Transfer on arrival from the next international airport to where you do the placement
- Personal support staff in China/Mongolia (Beijing/Ulaanbaatar) and at our international office
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- Local SIM Card (only for placements in Beijing and Ulaanbaatar)
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Costs for 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from China (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
II. Accommodation Costs
Overview of other costs:
- Visa around 40-200 EUR (50-250 USD) depending on activity and duration; to apply for prior to your travel
- If meals are not included: 100-150 EUR (125-190 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Small local expenses (Internet, Local Transport): ca. 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month
How do I pay?
Other Projects That Might Interest You:
Travel Health Insurance
Getting To China
All major cities in China, as well as the holiday islands of Hainan and Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia), have international airports and you fly directly into the city of your project. There, you will be picked up from the airport.