Clinique du Detroit
The following specialtie are offered: internal medicine, diabetology, gastroenterology, nephrology, infectiology, cardiology, rheumatology, paediatrics, pneumology and surgery. There is also a 24-hour emergency room and a radiology center. The hospital also has an surgical ward with 4 theaters that are well equipped to cover a variety of surgical specialties.
There is a free shuttle bus for staff and patients who commutes several times a day between the city center and the hospital. Also you can reach the Clinique du Detroit cost-effective with the city bus without changing.
Clinique du Detroit has about 40 beds for in-patient care. The air-conditioned patient rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, flat screen TV and internet connection.
A typical day at your facility:
You observe and support the staff in their daily work. After a period of familiarization and orientation, you may also (depending on your previous knowledge) carry out minor treatments and activities under the supervision of the attending physicians or nurses, e.g. providing medication, wound care, taking vital signs, giving vaccinations. You can rotate through several departments.
You should bring your own work clothes (white, green or blue scrubs and closed shoes of any color). It is also advisable to bring your own hand sanitizer as well as your own stethoscope. If you work in the operating theater, please bring green or blue surgical clothing, surgical mask and surgical cap.
Clinic for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
* Functional Exploration Room (with EMG and Ultrasound)
* Electrotherapy and Massage Room
* Occupational and Orthopedic Equipment Room
* Reeducation and Functional Rehabilitation Equipment Room
The most common conditions of patients who come to the clinic are: hemiplegia, paraplegia, lumbago, low back pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, osteoarthritis, hip pain, fibromyalgia and other degenerative diseases.
Location: Tangier, Morocco
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 2 weeks
Maximum Duration: Clinics and dental clinic: 9 months; Dr. Sekkat: 2 months (extendable, see text)
Language Requirements: See text
Further Languages Of Advantage: Arabic, Spanish
Accommodation: Shared Accommodation in Tangier
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Doctors, Nurses
Minimum Qualification Of Intern:
Further Contribution To Project: None
Volunteering Possible: Yes
Required Qualification For Volunteer: Suitable professional qualification
Further Contribution To Project: -
Accommodation in Tangier
Shared Accommodation in Tangier:
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 90 Days||91-180 Days|
|500 EUR||800 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|450 EUR||650 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- In case of duration of stay of more than 90 days, costs for extension of entrance stamp/visa
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Tangier (TNG) Airport, Sea Port (Tanger Ville), bus or train station, on arrival and departure
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Tangier
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- Local SIM Card with 20 Dh. air time
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Costs for 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from Tangier (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
| All Rates in EUR. Convert Currency||Short-time stay |
Room in shared apartment
|15 EUR/Day||12 EUR/Day|
|2 Persons p.p.
|12 EUR/Day||9 EUR/Day|
Overview of other costs:
- Visa no cost for most nationalities; in case of duration of stay of more than 90 days extension is included
- Self-catering around 150-200 EUR (180-240 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Small local expenses (Local transport): around 20-50 EUR (30-60 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Insurance around 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month