What does the project do?
How can you get involved?
Your impact to the project:
A typical week at your placement:
What are your main tasks?
• Technical planning, development, installation and maintenance of solar systems
• Customer care and advice
• Evaluation of feasibility (in cooperation with the technical partners)
• Evaluation of systems
This activity is also suitable for research, study and theses in the fields listed above.
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 3 Months
Maximum Duration: 12 Months
Language Requirements: English
Further Languages Of Advantage: Swahili
Host Family, Dormitory
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Technicians, Mechanics, Engineers
Minimum Qualification Of Intern:
Further Contribution To Project: None
Volunteering Possible: Yes
Required Qualification For Volunteer: Experience in the field
Further Contribution To Project: None
Bringing one's own laptop computer, Professional Conduct, Do you have the "right" attitude?
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 31 Days||32-60 Days||61-90 Days||91-120 Days||5 Months or longer|
|350 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||700 EUR||800 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|300 EUR||400 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||650 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements for your Residence Permit or similar permit and other official permits (if required), but not the official government fees for it/them (See costs below)
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) on arrival and departure
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Moshi
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- 50 USD Contribution to your project
- Local SIM Card with 10,000 TSH air time
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- 15% Discount for Safaris, Kilimanjaro Climbs, Excursions and Watersports Activities offered by "Budget Safari Tanzania"
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from Tanzania (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa and Residence Permit (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
Overview of other costs:
- If meals are not included: around 110-200 USD/Month for self-catering (eating out at affordable yet good restaurants and/or cooking by yourself; you are much more flexible in this way compared to if we would serve food at your accommodation)
- Visa and Permits (mainland Tanzania): In case of stay of up to 90 days: Visa 250 USD for most nationals; In case of stay of 91-180 days: Visa (incl. extension) 550 USD; 181-365 days: Visa 50 USD (for most nationals, except US and Canadian Citizens who pay 100 USD) + Residence Permit 200 USD + Work Permit 500 USD.
- Small local expenses (e.g. Internet, local transport): around 30-50 USD/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 30-50 USD/Month