Set out on an adventure with a tourism or hospitality job in Ireland!
What is the job about?
How can you get involved?
- In hotels, hostels, B&Bs or farms offering guest rooms you may be working at the front desk, assist international guests in your language and in English, and checking them into their rooms. You may also work in the kitchen or in service and help prepare or serve dishes.
- In restaurants, you may prepare tables, advise guests on food and drinks, serve meals, check the tables for cleanliness, and accept table reservations.
- With outdoor sports providers, you may help with maintaining the equipment, e.g. wetsuits or canoes, supports the trainers in guiding the activities and helps customers to put on the safety equipment correctly.
- With travel providers you may help the team create travel itineraries, get involved in online marketing, advise customers on their travel activities and update booking platforms.
What are your working times?
What previous knowledge do you need?
Of course, if you already have experience, this won't hurt either. If you are looking for an internship for your studies or vocational training in tourism, gastronomy or travel, our placements are a perfect match for you, too: Let us know the requirements of your university / school for the internship and we will find a suitable placement for you. During the entire internship, you will be guided and supervised by experts from your area of interest, to make sure you’ll have the best possible learning effect!
Location: Various locations in Ireland
Availability: all year round; flexible start dates
Minimum Duration: 4 weeks
Maximum Duration: 12 weeks
Minimum age: 18 years
Required Language Skills: English
Accommodation: Is typically provided. Details in the tab "Accommodation" below
Supervision possible: Yes
Qualification supervisor: Tourism and hospitality professional
Minimum qualification of intern: None
Remuneration: No, but accommodation and meals generally provided
Volunteering possible: Yes
Required qualification of interns: none
It is expected:
The "right" attitude
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials
- Preparation Session via Skype; together with further participants
- Pick-up and Transfers from the train or bus station closest to your placement location (please see information how to get there in the slider "Getting There")
- 24 Hours emergency support by our Irish support team
- Accommodation and meals are typically provided by your employer (we will let you know the exact conditions before you book!)
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
The Rates do NOT include:
- Travel to/from Ireland and the train/bus station nearest to your employment location (you book it on your own; we assist you)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses