What is your placement organisation doing?
- Realization of the magazine MANGASHI, a manga comic with the purpose of sensitizing its readers about topics related to environment and society.
- Regular environmental activities such as cleaning forests and presenting documentaries about environmental topics
- Realization of the "MANGAEXPO“, an exhibtion including conferences and workshops about manga and anime, taking place annually in springtime. For the expo, fancy character dresses are being designed and made by the youth.
- The youth club now can make use of a complete studio for music production and technical equipment for video production. The youth run an internet forum and Youtube channel.
How can you get involved?
- Giving art-related workshops such as origami, drawing, manga, material recycling for use in arts, model-making etc.
- Teaching theatre acting and dance
- Giving lessons in drawing, design, comic, animation, AV media production, multimedia, manga and anime culture. The group wants to establish "Moroccan Manga" and "Moroccan Anime cell animation" as a sub-genre of its own right, and promote it within the Arabic-speaking world; also they want to promote cultural exchange and communication between Moroccan and Japanese youth.
- Designing and tailoring dresses for the MANGAEXPO
- Teaching Japanese language
- Participating in the implementation of the magazine MANGASHI and the MANGAEXPO.
Location: Tangier, Morocco
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 1 weeks
Maximum Duration: 6 months
Language Requirements: English or French or Spanish or Arabic
Further Languages Of Advantage: Japanese
Accommodation: Shared Accommodation in Tangier
Supervision Possible: No
Qualification Of Supervisor: -
Minimum Qualification Of Intern: -
Further Contribution To Project: -
Volunteering Possible: Yes
Required Qualification For Volunteer: None
Further Contribution To Project: -
Professional Conduct, Do you have the "right" attitude?
Accommodation in Tangier
Shared Accommodation in Tangier:
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 90 Days||91-180 Days|
|500 EUR||800 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|450 EUR||650 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- In case of duration of stay of more than 90 days, costs for extension of entrance stamp/visa
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Tangier (TNG) Airport, Sea Port (Tanger Ville), bus or train station, on arrival and departure
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Tangier
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- Local SIM Card with 20 Dh. air time
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Costs for 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from Tangier (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
| All Rates in EUR. Convert Currency||Short-time stay |
Room in shared apartment
|15.50 EUR/Night||13 EUR/Night|
|2 Persons p.p.
|14 EUR/Night||12 EUR/Night|
Overview of other costs:
- Visa no cost for most nationalities; in case of duration of stay of more than 90 days extension is included
- Self-catering around 150-200 EUR (180-240 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Small local expenses (Local transport): around 20-50 EUR (30-60 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Insurance around 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month