What is your placement organisation doing?
How can you get involved?
Learn from the Rangers to orient yourself in the bush, to read footprints, to identify species of plants and animals and to make fire.
With the rangers, you will regularly go to surrounding villages to promote awareness of environmental issues and to support various local projects, such as recycling projects, cleaning beaches and estuaries, and providing environmental education workshops for children.
A typical day in the project
Location: Sibuya (Eastern Cape), South Africa
Start dates: Every Sunday throughout the year, except for during Dec 15 and Jan 12
Minimum duration: 1 week
Maximum duration: 4 weeks
Minimum age: 18 years
Language skills required: English
Accommodation: Single or twin rooms at Lodge of high standards with en-suite bathrooms; on full board
Internship possible: No
Qualification of supervisor: -
Minimum qualification intern: -
Further contribution to the project: -
Volunteering possible: Yes
Expected qualification volunteers: None, you will learn everything on-site
Further contribution to the projekt: No
We expect: Appropriate physical fitness, ok with "dirty" work in nature, professional work, the "right" attitude
Comfortable Lodge of high standards
At the lodge, you will share a double room with another participant of our program, or you will stay in a single room (at extra charge).
3 meals as well as water, tea and coffee are provided.
The lodge has a 58-hectare garden area with a pond, short hiking trails, a pool, a TV room, wifi, a pool table, table tennis and squash court and a barbecue area.
Washing machines and tumble dryers are available.
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype; together with further participants
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Port Elizabeth (PLZ) (please see information how to get there in the slider "Getting There") on arrival and departure
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- Accommodation at high-standard lodge on full board (twin sharing)
- Local SIM Card with 100 ZAR air time
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- 15% Discount for Safaris, Kilimanjaro Climbs, Excursions and Watersports Activities offered by "Budget Safari Tanzania"
The Rates do NOT include:
- Travel to/from Port Elizabeth (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
Other Projects That Might Interest You:
Safaris, Kilimanjaro Climbs, Day Trips, Watersports
Travel Health Insurance
Regarding the return journey transfer: your return flight should not leaver earlier than 11:30 am.