Who can join our Working Holiday Program in Berlin?
- Citizens of the European Union (EU)
- You can participate if you can get a Working Holiday Visa. This is possible for citizens of Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Israel, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Argentina, Uruguay and Chile, who are between 18 and 30 years old, can prove financial means (about 2000 EUR), are in good health and have no criminal record
- As a Canadian you can join our program making use of the Youth Mobility Visa that you can get if you are 18-35 years old. For a small extra fee, we can arrange the Youth Mobility Visa for Canadians. This will make it not necessary for you to travel in person to the German Embassy in Canada.
Which Working Holiday job can I do?
This order makes sense, because many potential employers prefer you to attend a job interview in person, and they want to make sure that you have a visa which allows you to work legally in Germany. Having a registered German residential address, tax number and bank account are also a requirement to get any employment contract.
Many jobs are possible. The jobs possible in your case depend on your language skills, professional qualification and work experience. For some nationalities, there are certain restrictions on the type of job, maximum duration of employment, and weekly working hours. Individuals of certain nationalities, while on a Working Holiday Visa, are also allowed to work as self-employed in Germany.
Typical working holiday jobs that do not require formal qualifications or previous work experience include:
- Hotel and tourism-related jobs jobs. Many cafes, restaurants and bars in Berlin have international staff. You often don't even need any German language skills.
- Childcare, babysitting, seasonal babysitting (for example in summer camps)
- Pet care (e.g. walking dogs)
- Teaching English and other foreign languages, and providing homework support
- Cleaning personnel, e.g. in supermarkets, apartments, offices
- Delivery services and moving companies
- Salesperson in stores (if German language skills are sufficient)
- Factory work: e.g. Pack, load and unload goods
- Farm work (outside of Berlin, for example harvesting asparagus)
Do I have to know German to join the program?
Nevertheless, it is a good idea to learn some German when you come to Germany! It definitely increases the choice of available jobs.
If you do not have any knowledge of German, we recommend you to attend a German language course during your first weeks in Berlin or even longer. You can book German language lessons with us.
What do we offer you as a participant of our Working Holiday Program in Berlin?
"Basic" Working Holiday Support Package Berlin
- Personalized to-do checklist prior to your arrival to Germany: Our personalized checklist makes sure you won't forget anything important when planning your Working Holiday
- Access to our comprehensive and mobile-friendly Knowledge Base Germany with all the information you need to organize your stay as well as living and working in Germany, such as:
- Travel Preparation: Booking flights, choosing an insurance, applying for the visa, packing list
- Job hunt: detailed information about how to find jobs, preparing your German CV/resume, tips for a successful job interview, etc.
- Living in Berlin and Germany: finding accommodation, public transport, residence registration, mobile phone contract, learning German, opening a bank account, taxes, travel, sports, leisure, culture.
- List of short-term to medium-term accommodation options in Berlin that offer you the possibility to register your address. The registration of your address is absolutely necessary in order to be able to accept any job in Germany at all. With hostel or Airbnb accommodation this is not possible!!
- Templates of all relevant forms with English translation (eg application for residence permit, visa application) as well as templates for your CV/resume in German format
- Help with booking a German language course: Basic knowledge of German is of course helpful to find your way around Germany and also to make new friends! We can book language lessons for you at an inexpensive and centrally located language school in Berlin. You can choose between morning and evening courses to match your working hours in Berlin!
- English and German speaking online support team: Our multilingual team will help you with any questions you may have before and during your Work & Travel stay in Germany. You can reach us by e-mail, Skype and WhatsApp.
- CO2 compensation: For the CO2 compensation of your long-haul flights, we plant 10 native trees per participant on Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
120 EUR 99 EUR per Person (Special Rate for bookings before March 31st, 2020)
"Socialising" Working Holiday Package Berlin
The "Socializing" Working Holiday Package Berlin includes:
- All services that are included in "Basic" Working Holiday Support Berlin (see above)
- Ticket for 1 week of unlimited use of public transport in Berlin (inner city zones A+B)
- Welcome dinner in Berlin
- Participation in 5 socializing events/activities/tours including entrance fees in Berlin, with focus on alternative youth culture (at least 5 such activities are offered per month)
- You can join further events/activities/tours (after using your 5 events/activities/tours that are included in the package) together with other participants at small extra cost
1 Person 390 EUR, 2 Persons 330 EUR p.p.
"Complete" Working Holiday Paket Berlin
- All services which are also included in the "Basic" and "Socializing" packages (see abov
- 14 nights in a 1 bedroom studio apartment of high standards in a central location with large bed, fully equipped kitchenette (microwave, dishwasher, stove, refrigerator, coffee maker, kettle), private bathroom with shower and TV. Towels are provided.
- The landlord will issue the certificate that you need for resident registration in Germany ("Anmeldung")
- Making an appointment at the residence registration office in charge for you as well as filling of your residence registration forms
1 Person 1190 EUR, 2 Persons (sharing the apartment) 980 EUR p.p.