Cape Coast Central Regional Hospital
District Hospital Cape Coast
University Hospital Cape Coast
Volunteering for nurses, midwives and doctors up to a period of 3 months at this hospital is possible WITHOUT approval of the respective Councils, because the hospital is not under the Ministry of Health.
• Curative therapy
• Rehabilitation therapies (physiotherapy, speech therapy, social care and psychological counseling)
• First - aid measures at meetings and events
• Health promoting education on topics such as rest, diet, exercise and hygiene at universities, festivals and on TV and radio commercials.
• Internships and training of employees on customer service, time management, self- awareness training, communication, etc.
• Every Wednesday the staff holds a lecture for all employees on a current topic. Every Thursday from 8.00 a.m. – 9.00 a.m., all physicians go by all departments and discuss the cases. Every Saturday, a keep fit program for the employees is conducted, such as Football tournaments.
• There is a regular exchange program with other hospitals for employees and physicians (eg. Accra)
• They work closely with the Department of Environmental Health, which expands the team by another 300 employees
• They have partner university programs with Yale and Liverpool
Location: Cape Coast, Ghana
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 1 Week
Maximum Duration: 12 Months
Language Requirements: English
House, Host Family
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Specialist Doctors, General Practitioners, Nurses, Therapists
Minimum Qualification Of Intern: None
Further Contribution To Project: Yes, Central Regional Hospital: 250 USD per quartre or part of a quarter, University Hospital: 300 USD per quarter or part of a quarter, District Hospital: 200 USD one time
Volunteering Possible: Yes
Required Qualification For Volunteer: Professional Medical Specialist, Nursing, Therapy
Further Contribution To Project: None
Professional Conduct, Do you have the "right" attitude?