You can choose from the following placements and combine!
As an intern in a charity shop, you sell goods in the store and display them nicely on the shelves. At the sorting office, you sort goods into different categories and repair and clean them, for instance furniture and clothing (using a steam cleaner).
In Castleisland's tourist office you assist visitors, give them information and support the local team with administrative and marketing activities.
Full support, prior to and during your time in Ireland!
Location: Castleisland, Ireland
Availability: all year round; fixed start dates: 2021: Jan 11, Feb 1, March 1, Apr 12, May 5, June 7, July 19, Aug 2, Sept 6, Oct 4, Nov 8
Minimum Duration: 3 weeks
Maximum Duration: 6 months
Minimum age: 18 years
Required Language Skills: English, at least B1 level
Accommodation: Host family accommodation. Details in the tab "Accommodation" below
Supervision possible: Yes
Qualification supervisor: Professional from the respective field
Minimum qualification of intern: None
Volunteering possible: Yes
Required qualification of interns: none
It is expected:
The "right" attitude
The program costs are:
3-7 weeks: 800 EUR
8-12 weeks: 900 EUR
13 or more weeks: 950 EUR
The accommodation costs are:
185 EUR per week
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials
- Pick-up from Cork Airport
- Hostel Accommodation (dorm room) incl. breakfast in Cork on the first need, dinner with live music on arrival day
- Orientation session, lunch and city tour in Cork on the day after the arrival
- Transfer from Cork to your host family in Castleisland by public transport
- Accommodation on full board with your host family
- 24 Hours emergency support by our Irish support team
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
The Rates do NOT include:
- Travel to/from Cork
- Transfer back to Cork on your last day
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
You should book a flight to Cork (airport code: ORK). You will be picked up from Cork Airport and taken to Cork City, where you will spend the first night in Sheilas hostel (shared room).
Alternatively, you can fly to Dublin (DUB) and from there take a bus to Cork. The journey takes about 3.5 hours. Your plane should land in Dublin before 2pm so you can make it to Cork by bus on the same day. We will provide you with precise travel information.
There are fixed start dates, which means that we can ensure that there is always a small group of newly arriving program participants. On the first evening, you will join Welcome Dinner, including with live Irish music.
You will then brought to the bus/train to Castleisland (takes about 2 hours - ticket included) where you will be picked up by a team member or by your host family and brought to your host family where you will move in.
Your volunteer work will then start the following day. An employee of the facility will give you an introduction to the project work.