Capacity Building and Employability of Women
You can also directly become active in Business Development: You manage the operations and systems of one or more companies within the platform, and identify opportunities for growth and improvement; create weekly reports and financial summaries for platform managers, attend meetings with platform partners, coordinate business workshops, and assist in the creation and evaluation of business plans.
Legal advice for refugees and migrants
Further internship/volunteering opportunities with Scalabrini Centre
- Assistent at the English School
- Communication and PR
- Sick leave cover including all activities
What skills should you have as an intern?
- You are open-minded, self-motivated, well-organized, disciplined, and you can work customer-oriented
- Good computer skills (very good in Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet) and you can very well type and format documents
- Good oral and written communication skills in English (French also of advantage)
- You are interested in interacting with people from different cultures and backgrounds and you are willing to learn from them
- You have your own laptop with you
You have an academic background in a related field such as political science, human rights, law, etc. (your degree does not have to be completed) and ideally you have prior practical experience in working with refugees / migrants and / or have knowledge of refugee law and / or migration issues.
You should speak fluent English. Knowledge of French, Swahili, Lingala, Somali, Arabic or Portuguese is of advantage.
- Very good written and spoken English skills, good writing skills and good ability to express yourself
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Availability: throughout the year, flexible starting date
Minimum duration: 3 months
Maximum duration: 6 months
Language skills required: English
Further language of advantage: French
Accommodation: Hostel or Host family
Internship possible: Yes
Qualification of supervisor: from all subject areas mentioned in the text
Minimum qualification intern: see text
Further contribution to the project: -
Volunteering possible: Yes
Expected qualification volunteers: see text
Further contribution to the projekt: No
Professional work, the "right" attitude