What does your placement organisation do?
How can you get involved?
Location: Jodhpur, Rajasthan/India
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 1 Month
Maximum Duration: 12 Months
Language Requirements: English
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Psychologist
Minimum Qualification Of Intern:
Further Contribution To Project: Yes, 1 Month Rs. 6000; 2 Months 12,000 Rs; 3-4 Months Rs. 18,000; 5-6 Months Rs. 30,000
Volunteering Possible: Yes
Required Qualification For Volunteer: Psychology Expert
Further Contribution To Project: None
Professional Conduct, Do you have the "right" attitude?
Review of Sonja, psychology intern with Dr. Bhansali
I am doing a 50% internship with Dr. Bhansali and spend the rest of the time volunteering in the different projects of Sambhali Trust. There is plenty of work for psychologists and Dr. Bhansali is kindly giving me advice on how to address the specific issues of the children and women in the projects. Also, I am working on the Sambhali No Bad Touch Project which is a prevention campaign dealing with sexual child abuse. This covers a standard 8 hour work day.
Internship report by Nicole
Via the website world-unite.de, I found Dr. Bhansali and learned about her practice and work at Smile Junction. During the five weeks of working for her, I gained an important insight of her work as a counselor. I was mostly working on case studies, which was very helpful in understanding the psychological issues of her clients. In this context, I also had the opportunity of talking to some of them, which helped in getting a better insight of their issues. During my final week I helped in compiling a list of symptoms of psychological disorders for Dr. Bhansali’s work as a teacher for students who want to become a counselor.
I am very thankful that Dr. Bhansali trusted me with the tasks given as this way I could reach a great understanding not only about general psychology, but also a lot about the Indian culture and its social structures. I really enjoyed working at Smile Junction and always felt very welcomed.
Internship report by Sarah
Accommodation in Jodhpur and Setrawa
Guest House in Jodhpur:
Acccommodation in Setrawa:
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 31 Days||32-60 Days||61-90 Days||91-120 Days||5 Months or longer|
|350 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||700 EUR||800 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|300 EUR||400 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||650 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application and assistance with local registration (if required) but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Jodhpur Airport (JDH) on arrival and departure
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Jodhpur
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day. This is done by long-term volunteers, the so called "volunteer coordinators" who will also introduce you to your project work
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- Local SIM Card with 600 Rs. airtime credit
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Donation of 50 USD (in domestic currency) to your placement organization (in case of charitable organizations)
- Costs for 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from Jodhpur (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
|Rates in Indian Rupees! Convert Currency||Short-time stay |
(You pay proportionally per day)
Guest House on Full Board
|2 Persons p.p.*
|Bed at a 4-share dorm room||15,000 Rs/Month|
House of Simple Standard
on Full Board
(Sharing double room)
|2 Persons p.p.
In case of 3-4 person: Same rate as in case of 2 Persons. 5 or more persons: Contact us for group rates.
Overview of other costs:
- Visa around 130 EUR (160 USD); to apply for prior to your travel
- Insurances around 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month