Safari-Lodges, Hotels and Safari-Camps in Tanzania
Outside of Karatu, the last town before entering into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, the same operator runs a 4-star hotel with 30 rooms, restaurant, bar, pool and night entertainment. The hotel is located on a hill with a view deep into the southern Ngorongoro forest and the surrounding coffee plantations. It serves as a base for safari trips to Ngorongoro crater and Lake Eyasi, and as a stopover for tourists heading towards the Serengeti which is located more in the west. Here, you can also be employed in services such as front office, planning and implementation of events, activities and cuisine. As the hotel has no accommodation for employees, would you stay in a guest house in the village of Karatu, where the other hotel employees live, about 5 minutes walking distance to the hotel. This will incur a monthly rent.
This 5-star hotel in Dar-es-Salaam is part of an international chain. It has 150 rooms and 2 suites, which are always occupied with at least 200 people daily. There are 2 restaurants, a café, 2 bars, gym, business center, a swimming pool and garden. Conferences are held daily. Trainees choose a specific department; for longer internships, rotation between departments is possible. The hotel only accepts students from hotel and restaurant management schools and universities, and those who will remain for 3-12 months. There is an established trainee program that you will go through.
This luxury boutique hotel is run by a Hotel Management Grouo that runs internationally renowned hotel brands. It is in a prime location on the sea front in the center of Dar-es-Salaam and has 62 rooms, 2 restaurants, 2 bars, swimming pool and gym, as well as a conference room for 300 participants. It is particularly sought after by business travelers. Interns should stay for 3 to 12 months and should be studying either hotel/tourism management or media/PR/communication. Interns in the areas of cooking, IT and technology/engineering are also taken. The management group also operates several restaurants and hotels of international brands in Dar-es-Salaam.
Location: Various locations in Tanzania
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 1 Month
Maximum Duration: 12 Months
Language Requirements: English
Further Languages Of Advantage: Swahili, other languages
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Hotel Management Staff
Minimum Qualification Of Intern:
No formal qualification required
Further Contribution To Project: None
Volunteering Possible: Yes
Required Qualification For Volunteer: None
Further Contribution To Project: None
Professional Conduct, Do you have the "right" attitude?
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 31 Days||32-60 Days||61-90 Days||91-120 Days||5 Months or longer|
|450 EUR||600 EUR||700 EUR||750 EUR||850 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|400 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||650 EUR||700 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements for your Residence Permit or similar permit and other official permits (if required), but not the official government fees for it/them (See costs below)
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) on arrival and departure
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Moshi
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- 50 USD Contribution to your project
- To compensate for the CO2 emissions of your long haul flight: 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
- Local SIM Card with 10,000 TSH air time
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- 15% Discount for Safaris, Kilimanjaro Climbs, Excursions and Watersports Activities offered by "Budget Safari Tanzania"
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from Tanzania (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa and Residence Permit (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
Overview of other costs:
- If meals are not included: around 110-200 USD/Month for self-catering (eating out at affordable yet good restaurants and/or cooking by yourself; you are much more flexible in this way compared to if we would serve food at your accommodation)
- Visa and Permits (mainland Tanzania): In case of stay of up to 90 days: Visa 250 USD for most nationals; In case of stay of 91-180 days: Visa (incl. extension) 550 USD; 181-365 days: Visa 50 USD (for most nationals, except US and Canadian Citizens who pay 100 USD) + Residence Permit 200 USD + Work Permit 500 USD.
- Small local expenses (e.g. Internet, local transport): around 30-50 USD/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 30-50 USD/Month