Full-time position as a teacher (maths, science, PE) in China
* A completed BA degree from a related field from at least 2 years ago is required.
* You should be capable of communicating fluently in English. Native speaker level is not a prerequisite.
* Qualification and experience in teaching are not necessarily required.
* Working hours: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, five days a week.
* Monthly salary of around 23,000 RMB (approximately 3000 EUR/3300 USD) after taxes and insurance.
* Complimentary meals.
* Available locations: Beijing or a rural campus near the Great Wall.
* Free accommodation at the Great Wall campus.
* In the case of Beijing, there will be rental costs of approximately 4000-5000 RMB per month (around 500-600 €). The cost of food and leisure is about 30-60% cheaper than in Germany.
+ 2-month summer vacation and a 1-month winter vacation with 50% salary.
* Flight reimbursement after one year of service.
* Intakes in February and September.
* The hiring and visa process typically takes around 4 months.
Applicants are kindly requested to email us their résumé in English, an application photo, their BA certificate, and provide their Skype ID. Additionally, it is expected that you record a video (approximately 3-5 minutes) of yourself demonstrating your teaching abilities.
1. You email us your application documents.
2. You share with us your Skype username. Our coordinator in China will then first talk with you.
Location: Beijing, possibly other cities
Availability: February and September
Minimum Duration: 1 year
Maximum Duration: 4 years
Minimum Age: 18 years
Language Requirements: see text
Further Requirements: To obtain the suitable visa, it is required to hold at least a BA degree (or comparable education level), which has been issued at least 2 years ago
Campus, rental room
* Tabular CV in English
* Recent Photograph
* If available: Scans of certificates of formal qualifications
* Skype name
* BA degree (for full time position)
* Demo video
Compensation: See Text
Work & Travel deals are also available as an internship. The specifics depend on the requirements of your college for the internship.
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Teacher
Accommodation in Beijing
Shared Accommodation in Downtown Beijing:
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 180 Days||181-365 Days|
|800 EUR||900 EUR|
|750 EUR||850 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application, but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Local Police Registration (if required), assistance with the local Health Checkup (required for some long-time visa) and Opening of a Bank Account in China (required for some jobs/internships)
- Pick-up and Transfer on arrival from the airport of where you do the placement
- Personal support staff in China (Beijing) and at our international office
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- Local SIM Card (only for placements in Beijing)
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Costs for 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from China (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
II. Accommodation Costs
| All Rates in Chinese RMB! Convert Currency||Monthly Rent|
Apartment shared with other participants
|2 Persons p.p.
Hotel Accommodation incl. Breakfast
8000 RMB/Month during Winter
9000 RMB/Month during Summer
|2 Persons p.p.
4000 RMB/Month during Winter
4500 RMB/Month during Summer
Hotel: Incomplete months will be calculated per day.
Overview of other costs:
- Visa around 40-200 EUR (50-250 USD) depending on activity and duration; to apply for prior to your travel
- If meals are not included: 100-150 EUR (125-190 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Small local expenses (Internet, Local Transport): ca. 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month
How do I pay?
Other Projects That Might Interest You:
Travel Health Insurance
Getting To China
All major cities in China, as well as the holiday islands of Hainan and Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia), have international airports and you fly directly into the city of your project. There, you will be picked up from the airport.