Travelling to Tanzania and Zanzibar is possible!
Why you should travel to Tanzania and Zanzibar right now!
While Getting to Tanzania
While joining our programs in Tanzania and Zanzibar
- The driver picking you up from the airport will wear a mouth and nose cover whenever in contact with you.
- When first meeting you at the airport, the driver will provide you with a new, packaged multi-use washable mouth and nose cover for your personal use (free of charge). We recommend you to wear it whenever social distancing cannot be realistically practiced.
- Our coordinators, whenever in contact with you (inside and outside the office) will also wear a mouth and nose cover
- At our offices (Zanzibar and Moshi), hand sanitizer will be supplied at the entrance
- In case of shared dorm room accommodation, beds are allocated in the available rooms in a way that permits the smallest possible number of persons sharing a room.
- The maximum occupancy of all dorm-style accommodation is limited to a number of persons that make it possible to guarantee a minimum of 2 meters of distance between the beds, while at the same time air exchange with outside air is improved by removing physical barriers to air ventilation.
- In case of single/double rooms, residents can decide whether they want a cleaner to enter the room or not during their entire duration of stay.
- Cleaners are airing all communal and shared rooms for several hours every day.
- We are providing hand sanitizer free of charge at the entrance of the accommodation.
- We are providing liquid soap at all sinks at the accommodation free of charge. Instructions of proper handwashing are displayed.
- Cleaners at the accommodation wear a mouth and nose cover at any time when entering the accommodation.
- All door handles, light switches, kitchen surfaces, bathroom surfaces and any other surfaces that are regularly touched by participants in shared areas are disinfected at least once per day by our cleaners using bleach or alcohol-based disinfectants.
- We have removed all unnecessary objects which are difficult to regularly disinfect/clean from our accommation (e.g. decorative pillows)
- All cooks are wearing mask while cooking and in contact with participants
- All meals provided at our accommodation have to be covered while being exposed to participants
- Seating arrangements while food is served (and participants are not wearing masks) must allow 1.5 meters of distance between the participants.
- Participants are advised to wear the mouth and nose cover provided to them at any time when social distancing cannot be practiced.
- Participants are advised to carry alcohol based hand disinfectant with them (that we can sell to them at purchase price)
- For programs that don't include meals, participants are advised to either purchase take-away food and consume it at home or eat at restaurants that allow outdoor eating and enough social distancing. We will show such places to participants during their arrival orientation.
- We have a fever thermometer available at each accommodation
- Information card about the COVID-19 symptoms is displayed at each accommodation
- If participants show any COVID-19 symptoms, our coordinator will make an appointment at the following healthcare facilities and make sure they won't meet any other patients there while waiting or being treated, and accompany participants there.
- We recommend the use of the app Data4Life which allows you to record symptoms. It has a COVID-19 symptom tracker and can export your history of symptoms to show to a doctor when needed. The doctors we cooperate with are familiar with the app.
- In Zanzibar: Urban Care Clinic; a small private clinic of European standards run by German general practicioner Dr. Jenny Bouraima.
- In Moshi: A2Z Healthcare Specialized Polyclinic; a private hospital, run by Indian physician Dr. Aliasgher Mukhtar Saajan.
- The Caremed International Travel Insurance that we recommend covers medical expenses related to Coronavirus infection and also transport costs back home should they be necessary from a medical point of view
- Flights back home are available