Travelling to Tanzania and Zanzibar is possible!
Why you should travel to Tanzania and Zanzibar right now!
While Getting to Tanzania and back
While joining our programs in Tanzania and Zanzibar
- The driver picking you up from the airport will wear a mouth and nose cover whenever in contact with you.
- When first meeting you at the airport, the driver will provide you with a new, packaged multi-use washable mouth and nose cover for your personal use and hand disinfection gel (free of charge). We recommend you to wear the mask whenever social distancing cannot be realistically practiced and to disinfect your hands when you touch any surfaces, objects or people.
- Our coordinators, whenever in contact with you (inside and outside the office) will also wear a mouth and nose cover
- At our offices (Zanzibar and Moshi), hand sanitizer will be supplied at the entrance
- In case of shared dorm room accommodation, beds are allocated in the available rooms in a way that permits the smallest possible number of persons sharing a room.
- The maximum occupancy of all dorm-style accommodation is limited to a number of persons that make it possible to guarantee a minimum of 2 meters of distance between the beds, while at the same time air exchange with outside air is improved by removing physical barriers to air ventilation.
- In case of single/double rooms, residents can decide whether they want a cleaner to enter the room or not during their entire duration of stay.
- Cleaners are airing all communal and shared rooms for several hours every day.
- We are providing hand sanitizer free of charge at the entrance of the accommodation.
- We are providing liquid soap at all sinks at the accommodation free of charge. Instructions of proper handwashing are displayed.
- Cleaners at the accommodation wear a mouth and nose cover at any time when entering the accommodation.
- All door handles, light switches, kitchen surfaces, bathroom surfaces and any other surfaces that are regularly touched by participants in shared areas are disinfected at least once per day by our cleaners using bleach or alcohol-based disinfectants.
- We have removed all unnecessary objects which are difficult to regularly disinfect/clean from our accommation (e.g. decorative pillows)
- All cooks are wearing mask while cooking and in contact with participants
- All meals provided at our accommodation have to be covered while being exposed to participants
- Seating arrangements while food is served (and participants are not wearing masks) must allow 1.5 meters of distance between the participants.
- Should please pay attention to hand disinfection using the disinfectant gel provided
- Should bring a clinical thermometer and report to our local coordinators immediately if the body temperature exceeds 37.6 degrees Celsius (=99.6 F) who will initiate appropriate measures (visit the doctor/isolation)
- In the Mother Nature locations in Nungwi, Jozani and Kilimanjaro, we check the body temperature of all participants every morning using an infrared thermometer. If a participant has 37.6 C (99.6 F) or more, appropriate measures will be initiated (visit to the doctor/isolation)
- Participants are advised to wear the mouth and nose cover provided to them at any time when social distancing cannot be practiced.
- Participants are advised to carry alcohol based hand disinfectant with them (that we can sell to them at purchase price)
- For programs that don't include meals, participants are advised to either purchase take-away food and consume it at home or eat at restaurants that allow outdoor eating and enough social distancing. We will show such places to participants during their arrival orientation.
- Every World Unite! accommodation has an information card displayed about COVID-19 symptoms and contact information for doctors. In case of host families or other accommodation, this information will be handed out to participants upon arrival.
- If participants show any COVID-19 symptoms, our coordinator will make an appointment at the following healthcare facilities and make sure they won't meet any other patients there while waiting or being treated, and accompany participants there.
- The Caremed International Travel Insurance that we recommend covers medical expenses related to Coronavirus infection and also transport costs back home should they be necessary from a medical point of view
- PCR tests are available in Dar es Salaam at the Aga Khan Hospital, with the result communicated within 24 hours. There are test centers in other cities and the result is communicated within 48 hours. The price is around USD 150.
- Rapid antigen tests are offered at Dar es Salaam (DAR) and Kilimanjaro (JRO) airports. In Zanzibar there is the Migombani Covid Test Center near the airport. You have to get tested 5 hours before departure. The price is USD 25.