The farm is located in Achocalla, around 30 km outside of La Paz and is run by the Ave Maria School of La Paz.
It has been transformed by the Catholic sisters, from a desert landscape to fertile land. Today, as food supplies of around 300 children staying at the boarding school, the farm produces fruits and vegetables; chicken are kept and cheese is made.
The farm is also used for celebrations and excursions.
Volunteers can assist with farming activities and will be provided accommodation and meals. Basic knowledge of Spanish language is expected, but not a necessity. Minimum duration is 3 months.
Location: Achacolla (at La Paz), Boliviabr /> Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 3 Months
Maximum Duration: 12 Months
Language Requirements: Basic Spanish
At the Farm
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Farmers
Minimum Qualification Of Intern: None
Further Contribution To Project: None
Volunteering Possible: Yes
Required Qualification For Volunteer: None
Further Contribution To Project: None
Motivated worker, Do you have the "right" attitude?
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 31 Days||32-60 Days||61-90 Days||91-120 Days||5 Months or longer|
|450 EUR||600 EUR||700 EUR||750 EUR||850 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|400 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||650 EUR||700 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Assistance with visa extension in Bolivia or arrangement of visa (depending on duration of stay) and other official permits (if required), but not the official government fees for it/them (see costs below)
- In case of Jupapina: Transfers from/to La Paz/El Alto (LPB) on arrival and departure. In case of Sapecho: Pick up from airport La Paz/El Alto (LPB) on arrival, one night of accommodation in La Paz for orientation, then the next day proceeding by public bus to Sapecho (ticket fare included for arrival trip). In case of Achacolla: You can join the sisters every Thursday by car from La Paz to the farm. One night in La Paz is included if you arrive on a Wednesday. If you need additional nights in La Paz, they are 15 USD/night on full board.
- Assistance with the booking of domestic connection flights within Bolivia if you arrive in Cochabamba or ViruViru
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in La Paz
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- 50 USD Contribution to your project
- Local SIM Card with 60 Bs. air time
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from Bolivia (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
Overview of other costs:
- For most citizens except US Citizens, no Visa fee for a stay of a maximum of 90 days per calendar year. Any time you stay in excess of 90 days within a calendar year, 20 Bs. fee per day. US Citizens pay currentyl 135 USD Visa fee.
- If meals are not included: around 70-150 EUR /100-180 USD)/month
- Small local expenses (e.g. Internet, local transport): around 30-50 USD/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 30-50 USD/Month