Voluntourism & Internship Hopper in Navi Mumbai/India
This is our option for short-term (1-4 weeks) volunteering and internships. Choose from the following options:
* Aarambh (Social Work and education in slum area)
* Helen Keller centre for deaf-blind children
* Vashi Times (newspaper internship)
* MGM Kalamboli Hospital for general medicine and nursing (elective, volunteering)
* MGM Kamothe Hospital for psychotherapy (elective, volunteering)
* ACE (psychology)
* Environmental Greenliness (internship environmental technologies)
Rates per person in Euro (€):
Option 1 (incl. host family accommodation)
2 weeks: 390 € p.p.
3 weeks: 410 € p.p.
4 weeks: 430 € p.p.
Option 2 (incl. accommodation at Blue Diamond Hotel)
1 week: 1 person 350 €; 2 persons 260 €
2 weeks: 1 person 450 €; 2 persons 320 €
3 weeks: 1 person 560 €; 2 persons 400 €
4 weeks: 1 person 670 €; 2 persons 480 €
For MGM Hospital, 200 USD have to be paid additionally directly to the hospital for electives/internship and volunteering of up to one month; at ACE 5000 Rupees per month.
Use the Yahoo! Currency converter to convert rates to USD, AUD, GBP etc.
• Return transfers between Mumbai airport and accommodation
• Accommodation depending on your choice, either with host family ot at Blue Diamond Hotel. In case of host family: Not including meals. Many families however can provide meals at a small extra (some 30 €/ 40 USD per month), please ask them directly if you are interested; single or double room. In case of hotel accommodation: Single room accommodation (in case of 2 persons sharing double-room) at "Blue Diamond" Hotel in Vashi/Navi Mumbai. Blue Diamond is a hotel of middle category at a very convenient location in the centre of Vashi, Navi Mumbai's most developed area. The language school and all other parts of the city are easily reachable by public transport (train, bus, autorickshaw), just as shops, restaurants, shopping malls etc. It is a safe neighbourhood, even at night. Breakfast can be booked additionally at the hotel; the hotel also runs a restaurant, however there are plenty of restaurants are nearby, from Indian to International cuisine, from cheap to upper standard.
• Introduction at the project
• Info PDF
Note: It is also possible to volunteer or do an internship with these organizations of longer duration. Just have a look at the respective pages which on our website are categorized under "Volunteering" and "Internships" (or see the direct links at the very bottom of this page).
Aarambh is an NGO that supports people living in poverty-stricken areas of Navi Mumbai. Since the NGO's start in 1996, more than 1200 children could be given the opportunity to graduate from public school thanks to the intervention of the NGO's 10 community centres. To guarantee long-term sustainable effect for the child, the NGO's concept is to develop the child's entire family - for instance the mothers are being organised in women's groups where they are being trained to carry out leadership roles in the community.
Internships and volunteering with Aarambh is possible for participants from the subject areas of social work, education, special education etc.
Helen Keller Centre
The Helen Keller Centre in New Mumbai is a special education day centre and home for deaf and deafblind children and youth. 70 deaf and 45 deafblind children and youth are attending the centre every day. From the 45 deafblind children and youth, 25 live in the centre as only there an adequate care can be guaranteed. Their parents don’t have the financial means nor education/understanding to look after the children in an acceptable way.
Volunteers can assist in the following areas: Working out educational materials, doing leisure activities such as swimming, yoga, sports, arts and handcrafts, nutritional consulting to assist the nurses, computer training, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nursing and special education.
Vashi Times Newpaper internship
Vashi Times is an English-language weekly regional newspaper for Navi Mumbai. Short-time internships are possible at the editorial office where interns either edit news of news agents, or research and write their own articles. Participants should be able to write articles in English.
MGM Kalamboli Hospital for general medicine and nursing (elective/internship, volunteering)
Short time internships, electives and volunteering are possible at MGM Hospital in Kalamboli, an area of Navi Mumbai only for students or professionals from the healthcare area. Please refer to below link for details.
MGM Kamothe Hospital for psychotherapy (elective/internship, volunteering)
Short time internships, electives and volunteering are possible at MGM
Hospital in Kamothei, an area of Navi Mumbai only for students or
professionals from the subject areas of psychology, psychotherapy and psychiatry. Please refer to below link for
ACE (Academy for Counseling & Education)
Psychology internships are possible at the centres of ACE (Academy for Counseling & Education). ACE is a counseling method which has been developed during 17 years by clinical psychologist Ms. Salma Prabhu. The focus of ACE is on career counseling, remedial education, individual and corporate counseling services, and HR training/intervention programs.
Environmental Greenliness offers tutorized/supervised internships to students of subject areas related to environmental technology, environmental management, biology etc. The company offers consultancy and implementation services for environmental tasks including solid waste management, rain water harvesting, sewage treatment, tree planting and environmental upgradation of industrial sites. They also install biogas plants, rain water harvesting equipment and composting sites (Wet waste composting, vermicomposting, organic converters). Please refer to below link for details.
(Choose „Voluntourism Hopper“ towards the end of the list)
If you are looking for a volunteering or internship position of longer duration at one of the organizations which are presented on this page, please check the respective pages which on our website are categorized under "Volunteering" and "Internships". These are the direct links:
* Vashi Times