Farmwork in Germany - free accommodation and meals in return for your work
Examples of farm placements in Germany
How can you get involved?
What are your working times?
What prior knowledge do you need?
Internships are possible!
Location: Various locations in Germany
Availability: all year round; flexible start dates
Minimum Duration: 2 weeks
Maximum Duration: 1 year
Minimum age: 16 years
Required Language Skills: All placements are possible in English
Accommodation: Free accommodation and meals. Details in the tab "Accommodation" below
Supervision possible: Yes
Qualification supervisor: Farmers
Minimum qualification of intern: None
Remuneration: No, but accommodation and meals are provided
Volunteering possible: Yes
Required qualification of interns: none
It is expected:
The "right" attitude
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials
- Preparation Session via Skype; together with further participants
- Pick-up and Transfers from the train or bus station closest to your placement location (please see information how to get there in the slider "Getting There")
- 24 Hours emergency support by our English-speaking support team in Germany
- Accommodation and meals are provided by your farm
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
The Rates do NOT include:
- Travel to/from Germany and the train/bus station nearest to your placement location (you book it on your own; we assist you)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses