In Beijing/China we arrange elective placements, nursing internships and psychotherapy internships in English language at a leading international hospital. Also internships for students/trainees from non-medical fields such as administration and HR are possible.
The working hours for interns and volunteers are 08:30a.m-5:30p.m., 5 days a week (usually from Monday to Friday, from time to time may work on the weekends).
Medical and nursing students can perform a multi-week placement, either in a single requested department or they can rotate through several departments (for longer stays).
The hospital also has a Clinical Laboratory, Pharmacy, Ultrasound, and Radiology department.
Medical and nursing students as well as students/trainees from various non-medical fields can carry out an internship in various departments of the hospital. This includes: internships in administration, business administration, finance, marketing (including PR, sales, design, social media, editing and translating, event planning.), customer service (reception, patient relationship, insurance settlement, English-language training for employees), in Human Resources (Recruitment & Training), Facility Management (Interior Design, Engineering) and IT (system maintenance, programming).
Licensed professionals (nurses, doctors, therapists) can volunteer at Oasis Hospital (minimum duration 1 month).
The quality of medical care that the hospital is aligned with has international standards of health care and corresponds with the latest in medical technology. Since the medical care provided by state institutions in China is not always satisfactory, many private hospitals were founded in larger and more economically developed cities like Shanghai or Beijing by foreign operators or through a foreign joint venture partner. The type of medical care in these hospitals corresponds with Western standards and is also up to date with medicine; often these hospitals have international doctors and hospital staff. However, the costs of treatment in these hospitals are much higher than in government hospitals and are not covered by the Chinese health insurance. Those who visit these private institutions are mostly patients who have sufficient financial resources, for example, wealthy Chinese or foreigners who live or travel in China. The Oasis International Hospital therefore also has direct billing options with major international insurance providers, multi-lingual patient services and an international team of doctors.
Location: Beijing, China
Availability: all year, Start flexible
Minimum duration: 4 Weeks
Maximum duration: 12 Months
Language requirements: Englisch
Other languages of advantage: Chinese, other foreign languages
Accommodation: Shared Apartment, Hotel
Supervision possible: Yes
Qualification Supervisor: General physicians, specialised physicians, nurses, midwives, therapists, professionals
Minimum Qualification of Intern:
Student or trainee of relevent subject
Further contribution to the project : none
Volunteering possible: Yes
Required qualification of volunteer: Professional with qualification in medicine, nursing, or therapies
Further contribution to the project: None
Professional conduct, do you have the right attitude
Accommodation in Beijing
Shared Accommodation in Downtown Beijing:
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 180 Days||181-365 Days|
|800 EUR||900 EUR|
|750 EUR||850 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application, but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Local Police Registration (if required), assistance with the local Health Checkup (required for some long-time visa) and Opening of a Bank Account in China (required for some jobs/internships)
- Pick-up and Transfer on arrival from the airport of where you do the placement
- Personal support staff in China (Beijing) and at our international office
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- Local SIM Card (only for placements in Beijing)
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from China (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
II. Accommodation Costs
| All Rates in Chinese RMB! Convert Currency||Monthly Rent|
Apartment shared with other participants
|2 Persons p.p.
Hotel Accommodation incl. Breakfast
5000 RMB/Month during Winter
6000 RMB/Month during Summer
|2 Persons p.p.
2500 RMB/Month during Winter
3000 RMB/Month during Summer
Hotel: Incomplete months will be calculated per day.
Overview of other costs:
- Visa around 40-200 EUR (50-250 USD) depending on activity and duration; to apply for prior to your travel
- If meals are not included: 100-150 EUR (125-190 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Small local expenses (Internet, Local Transport): ca. 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month
How do I pay?
Other Projects That Might Interest You:
Travel Health Insurance
Getting To China
All major cities in China, as well as the holiday islands of Hainan and Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia), have international airports and you fly directly into the city of your project. There, you will be picked up from the airport.