Location: Various beach resorts in Zanzibar
Availability: All year, except rainy seasons of April, May and November
Minimum Duration: 2 Months
Maximum Duration : 12 Months
Language Requirements: English
Further Languages Of Advantage: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swahili etc.
Hotel or nearby village
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Watersport Instructor
Minimum Qualification Of Intern:
Further Contribution To Project: None
Offered to interns: Either free accommodation and/or free meals and/or free diving lessons
Volunteering Possible: No
Required Qualification For Volunteer: -
Further Contribution To Project: -
Accommodation in Nungwi
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 31 Days||32-60 Days||61-90 Days||91-120 Days||5 Months or longer|
|350 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||700 EUR||800 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|300 EUR||400 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||650 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype; together with further participants
- Arrangements for your Residence Permit, Work Permit or similar permit and other official permits (if required), but not the official government fees for it/them (See costs below)
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Zanzibar International Airport (ZNZ) on arrival and departure
- Pick-up and Transfers within Dar-es-Salaam (DAR) (if required) and assistance with connecting travel via ferry or flight from DAR to ZNZ (but not flight/ferry tickets) and back
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Zanzibar
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- 50 USD Contribution to your project
- Local SIM Card with 10.000 TSH air time
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- 15% Discount for Safaris, Kilimanjaro Climbs, Excursions and Watersports Activities offered by "Budget Safari Tanzania"
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from Zanzibar (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa and Residence Permit (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
Overview of other costs:
- Official Permits: For placement duration of up to 90 days in Zanzibar: Visa 250 USD (for most nationals; to buy on arrival at the airport in Tanzania) + Work Permit 200 USD (we arrange through Zanzibar Labour Office); For placement of 91-365 days: Visa 50 (for EU Citizens, Australians, New Zealand Citizens; 100 USD for US and Canadian Citizens) + Residence Permit 550 USD (in case of government institutions: 250 USD; we arrange through Zanzibar Immigration Office) + Work Permit 300 USD (we arrange through Zanzibar Labour Office).
- If meals are not included: around 130-220 USD/Month (estimate)
- Small local expenses (e.g. Internet, local transport): around 30-50 USD/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 30-50 USD/Month
How do I pay?
Other Projects That Might Interest You:
Safaris, Kilimanjaro Climbs, Day Trips, Watersports
Learning Swahili in Sansibar!
Travel Health Insurance
Check out our video on Zanzibar!
Zanzibar - Spice Island in the Indian Ocean
Our coordinators in Zanzibar
Things to do in Zanzibar
Getting To Zanzibar
Some airlines fly from Germany, Austria and Switzerland directly or with an intermediate stop at Zanzibar (ZNZ). Remember to book your flight and share with us your flight details. From Zanzibar airport, we will pick you up and bring you to your accommodation in Zanzibar.