Location: Various beach resorts in Zanzibar
Availability: All year, except rainy seasons of April, May and November
Minimum Duration: 2 Months
Maximum Duration : 12 Months
Language Requirements: English
Further Languages Of Advantage: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swahili etc.
Hotel or nearby village
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: Watersport Instructor
Minimum Qualification Of Intern:
Further Contribution To Project: None
Volunteering Possible: No
Required Qualification For Volunteer: -
Further Contribution To Project: -
Accommodation in Nungwi
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 31 Days||32-60 Days||61-90 Days||91-120 Days||5 Months or longer|
|300 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||700 EUR||800 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|250 EUR||400 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||650 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Arrangements for your Residence Permit or similar permit and other official permits (if required), but not the official government fees for it/them (See costs below)
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Zanzibar International Airport (ZNZ) on arrival and departure to/from Nungwi/Muungoni
- Pick-up and Transfers within Dar-es-Salaam (DAR) (if required) and assistance with connecting travel via ferry or flight from DAR to ZNZ (but not flight/ferry tickets) and back
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Zanzibar
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- 50 USD Contribution to your project
- Local SIM Card with 10.000 TSH air time
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- 15% Discount for Safaris, Excursions and Watersports Activities offered by "Budget Safari Tanzania"
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from Zanzibar (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa and Residence Permit (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
Overview of other costs:
- Visa 50 USD for EU Citizens, Australians, New Zealand Citizens; 100 USD for US and Canadian Citizens. For most nationals it is possible to buy it on arrival at the airport in Tanzania, please ask us if in doubt
- Residence Permit (required in Tanzania for volunteering and internships) in case of duration of stay of up to 90 days: 200 USD; duration of stay 91-180 days: 400 USD; duration of stay 181-365 days: 550 USD.
- If meals are not included: around 130-220 USD/Month (estimate)
- Small local expenses (e.g. Internet, local transport): around 30-50 USD/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 30-50 USD/Month
How do I pay?
Other Projects That Might Interest You:
Learning Swahili in Sansibar!
Travel Health Insurance
Check out our video on Zanzibar!
Zanzibar - Spice Island in the Indian Ocean
Our coordinators in Zanzibar
Things to do in Zanzibar
Getting To Zanzibar
Some airlines fly from Germany, Austria and Switzerland directly or with an intermediate stop at Zanzibar (ZNZ). Remember to book your flight and share with us your flight details. From Zanzibar airport, we will pick you up and bring you to your accommodation in Zanzibar.