MGM Hospital, Navi Mumbai
Applicants for nursing internships, electives and final year rotation should email us, besides their CV in English, a recommendation letter from their university. A contribution to the hospital is expected, which depends on the length of the internship/elective/final year rotation.
Dr. Yewale's Paediatric Clinic
Location: Navi Mumbai, India
Availability: All year, Start date flexible
Minimum Duration: 1 Month
Maximum Duration: 12 Months
Language Requirements: English
Further Languages Of Advantage: Hindi, Marathi
Room with host family, Shared Accommodation, Guest House
Supervision Possible: Yes
Qualification Of Supervisor: General Physician, Specialists, Nurses, other hospital personnel
Minimum Qualification Of Intern:
for MGM: Relevant studies or experience; for Dr. Yewale: also available as pre-studies
Further Contribution To Project: Yes, for MGM: Duration 1-61 Days: Rs 10,000 (approx. 140 EUR/155 USD); 61-90 Days: Rs 15,000 (approx. 210 EUR/230 USD); 91-120 Days: Rs 20,000 (approx. 280 EUR/310 USD); 121-180 Days: Rs 25,000 (aprox. 355 EUR/390 USD); One needs to pay the appropriate amount in Indian rupees directly to the hospital). No further contribution to Dr. Yewale
Volunteering Possible: Yes, only with Dr. Yewale
Required Qualification For Volunteer: Professional qualification
Further Contribution To Project: None
Professional Conduct, Do you have the "right" attitude?
Background Information for Medical Placements/Electives Abroad
The standard of the departments/wards within one hospital can vary very much (both at Regional and Referral Hospitals), some departments might have good equipment and might be in good condition, typically resulting from money provided by foreign development programs. For instance the HIV/AIDS and physiotherapy wards at Mnazi Mmoja Hospital Zanzibar are very modern, but the pediatric ward is very poor and needs renovation. At Mawenzi Regional Hospital they have recently renovated the main surgery theatre.
The smallest facilities that provide medical first aid (Tertiary Level) are the so-called CHPS (Community Health Compounds), health centers and small hospitals. These facilities perform only outpatient treatment and are usually run by nurses. Each facility is aimed at a population density of about 20,000 people.
Professional volunteers (nurses, therapists and physicians) can volunteer at charitable hospitals which are funded by charitable organizations, but also at medical outreach programs run by several NGOs in slum areas.
The third stage in the Mongolian reference system are specialized clinics. There are no major hospitals in Mongolia, which have many specialisations, but instead clinics that are each limited to a field of study. These include hospitalization. For an elective or a nursing internship in these clinics, you should be at least in the 3rd year of study.
Accommodation in Navi Mumbai
I. World Unite! Service Package
|up to 31 Days||32-60 Days||61-90 Days||91-120 Days||5 Months or longer|
|300 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||700 EUR||800 EUR|
(Rate per Person)
|250 EUR||400 EUR||500 EUR||600 EUR||650 EUR|
The World Unite! Service Package includes:
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the World Unite! Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application and assistance with local registration (if required) but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Mumbai Airport (BOM) on arrival and departure
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Navi Mumbai
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
- Local SIM Card with 600 Rs. airtime credit
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
The Rates do NOT include:
- Accommodation and Meals (see below)
- Travel to/from Mumbai (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- Please note that for supervised/mentored internships, some organizations charge further contributions. You find this information in the "Info Box" below the respective internship description.
II. Accommodation Costs
| All Rates in Indian Rupees! |
(You pay proportionally per day)
|Shared Apartment or Hotel|
Apartment shared with other participants
(min. 2 weeks)*
|2 Persons p.p.
(min. 2 weeks)
(optional; Indian Meals)
|per person||Breakfast 35 Rs; Lunch 45 Rs; Dinner 55 Rs./Day||Breakfast 35 Rs; Lunch 45 Rs; Dinner 55 Rs./Day|
Hotel incl. Breakfast
+ Tax (4%)
+ Tax (4%)
|2 Persons p.p.
+ Tax (4%)
+ Tax (4%)
Overview of other costs:
- Visa around 60-130 EUR (75-160 USD) depending on activity and duration; to apply prior to your travel
- If meals are not included: 40-100 EUR (50-130 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Small local expenses (Internet, Local Transport): ca. 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month (Estimate)
- Insurances around 20-40 EUR (30-50 USD)/Month