Flight from Quito to San Cristobal Island (Galapagos). Flight ticket is included in the price. Accommodation in Galapagos at volunteer house or host family (no meals included) in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno.
Travel by public ferry to the island of Santa Cruz. Start of volunteering on the La Envidia organic farm in the highlands of Santa Cruz . There the volunteers' role is to prevent the spread of invasive plants such as Tupi Pink and blackberries, plant short-cycle crops in small scale, they plant organic coffee (the crops of this produce are segmented, this means that while an area is ready for harvesting twice a year, the other area is in process of growing; nevertheless, it needs to be maintained and cleaned along the year), and breed and take care of farm animals (cows, chicken, ducks, pigs).
After breakfast you will start with a tour to the Volcano Sierra Negra and Volcano Chico. After a nice hike you can enjoy a picnic lunch with a beautiful view. In the afternoon there will be an excursion to Tintoreras Islet, where you can observe sleeper sharks and marine iguanas. Afterwards there will be a snorkeling opportunity.
Picture Gallery of Eco-farm La Envidia
* Flight from Quito to San Cristobal and from Baltra to Quito
* Accommodation in Galapagos (no meals)
* All transfers in Galapagos and ferries
* Local coordinator
* 3 Days/2 Nights Tour of Isabela including Accommodation, Food and Excursion
* 24/6 emergency helpline
* Information documents
* Transfer from Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz) to Baltra Airport (about 20 USD)
* Transport from the airport at Quito (+50 USD)
* Meals during volunteering (in Volunteer House and on the farm you can cook; ingredients can be bought in the city; on the farm some agricultural products are partly free )
* Food, activities, services, etc., which are not mentioned in the program
* Major changes after reservation + 30 USD
* 100 USD National Park Fee
* Visa: 10 USD Migration Card
* Travel Health Insurance
* Gratuities, other donations, etc.